A fresh coat of exterior paint can work wonders for your home and make it feel brand new. Better yet, it can help increase the value of your home. In fact, a 2019 HomeLight survey found that painting a home’s exterior costs an estimated $2,803, but adds an estimated value of $4,228… which comes out to a 51% return on investment!
But what color should you paint your home? Well, the best color depends on not only your personal preferences but also your location and the surrounding environment. Let’s take a look at the most popular house paint colors in Colorado to help get you inspired!
Colorado’s Homes Match Its Landscapes
Colorado is a hub for lovers of the great outdoors, so it should come as no surprise that favorite local house paint colors tend to be more neutral and earthy. Rather than stand in stark contrast to Colorado’s beautiful natural landscapes, most homeowners choose to go with something that blends in with their surroundings; they want to enhance the state’s natural beauty, not distract from it. Explains Hannah Yeo of popular paint company Benjamin Moore, “Love for nature is reflected in the colors favored in Denver… Light neutrals set a quiet backdrop to Denver’s beautiful landscape while cool blues mirror the water.”
Popular Colorado House Paint Colors
Below are some of the most popular house paint colors in Colorado:
- Dark Grays: Gray has been a popular house paint color for years, and it is still, by and large, the most popular paint color in Denver, Colorado. More specifically, darker, hazy grays, taupes, and charcoal grays are growing in popularity for home exteriors. Dark gray paint looks great on any house, especially in contrast with some bright white trim.
- Earthy Greens: Green is another in-demand exterior paint color in Colorado, especially natural shades of green, such as sage, forest green, or olive green. According to color psychology, natural greens evoke feelings of peace, growth, and ecology and nature, so it’s understandable why they are favored locally.
- Watery Blues: Natural hues of blue that mirror the water of Colorado landscapes are also well-liked and look great on home exteriors. Darker blues and navies have been growing in popularity in recent years.
How to Choose Exterior House Paint Colors
If you’re still feeling stuck, here are some tips to help you land on the perfect house paint color:
- As we mentioned previously, many homeowners draw inspiration from nearby natural landscapes when choosing a house paint color. Go for a walk in nature near your house and think about the color palette that surrounds your home.
- It’s also a good idea to look to your neighbors for house paint color ideas, especially if you want your house to look cohesive with the rest of the houses on your street.
- If blending in isn’t your thing, don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd! It’s your house after all, so the color you choose should align with your own unique personality and taste.
- You can also draw inspiration from color psychology and what emotions you want your home to evoke.
- Don’t forget to think about how your exterior paint color can be complemented, contrasted, or enhanced by the trim and doors! Your front door is a great place to add a pop of fun color and give your home some personality.
- To explore even more house paint options, reach out to your local Denver painting company that specializes in home exteriors. Take a look at examples of their past projects and see which house colors you like best.
Be Unique, It’s Your House!
Trends come and go. At the end of the day, it’s your home and you’re going to be the one looking at it day after day, so be sure to choose a color you love.
If you’re looking for an experienced and professional exterior painting company in the Denver area, reach out to us for a free house painting estimate. We’ll help you find the perfect paint color to transform your home and make it feel brand new!